Consign with Kidcycle, the twice-annual fundraiser for Diaper Bank of North Carolina!
Benefits of Consigning
- Twice-a-year decluttering: Get clean closets and storage areas.
- True recycling: New homes for the items your children no longer need.
- Earn 70% on all items sold: The remaining 30% goes to support Diaper Bank of North Carolina.
- Save yourself the effort of pick-up: You can choose to donate unsold items to the Dollar Day Sale! All proceeds from Dollar Day benefit Diaper Bank of North Carolina.
- Consignor gets 70% of the selling price of each item.
- There is a $15.00 Consignor fee taken out of your check. The fee goes toward the location rental, advertising, insurance, etc.
- You can lower your Consignor fee by volunteering. Sign up for 1 shift, your fee goes down to $10, 2 shifts brings your fee down to $5, and 3 shifts removes your fee and brings up your consignor earnings up to 75%.
- Must consign a minimum of 10 items or items totaling at least $50.
- Consignors must bring a self-addressed stamped envelope with them at drop off.
Don't have all your items together yet? No problem! Register today and tag as you go! Over the next few weeks, gather your items and enter them in when you have the time! Our system allows you to tag items, make changes, and manage your inventory at your convenience!
Guidelines for Toys, Furniture, and Equipment
- All items must be clean and in working order. Any items that require batteries must have them.
- Small parts should be placed in a plastic bag that is taped shut. If they belong with a larger item, tape the bag to the other item. Use packing tape; scotch tape won’t hold. Items with missing parts don’t sell.
- Car seats and booster seats are permitted if specific guidelines have been met. Print Kidycle's car seat waiver to see if your car seat or booster qualifies.
- Manuals help items sell but are not required. They are also available on the manufacturers website for download. Place them in ziploc bag and use packing tape to secure to the item.
- Video, DVD, CD, or electronic games should be in their original cases with the tags taped to the back of the case using packing tape. These items can be bundled by placing in ziploc bags. Please make sure these items are free of scratches and are in working order. VHS tapes should not be priced over $1.00.
- Furniture (such as nursery or bedroom) sells great. We ask that if you do not want to assemble it for display that you attach a photograph of it assembled–this helps it sell.
- Bedding sets, blankets, and nursery sets should be hung on hangers and safety pinned to the hanger. Bedding over the price of $40 doesn’t sell very well so you may want to try selling these items over the internet. If necessary the bedding can be placed in large ziploc bags if the original packaging is unavailable. Tape the tag to the outside of the bag and be sure to put a good description on the tag of all items inside the bag. One photograph of all items can also be taped to the inside of the bag facing out to help the item sell.
- Toys and books tags can be attached with clear packing tape except on books and cardboard boxes please use masking tape or painters tape (do not tape over barcode).
- We only accept the following breast pumps, which are designed to be used by multiple users:
- Hollister Elite® Hollister Lact-e®
- Bailey Nurture III®
- Medela Symphony® Breast pump
- Medela Lactina® Breast pump
- Medela Classic® Breast pump
- Hollister SMB® Breast pump®
- Hygeia Enjoye
Items We Do Not Accept
We reserve the right to reject any items that are not in season, in poor condition, do not meet fashion standards, are under recall, or do not function properly. Kidcycle is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
We screen items very closely as to maintain the quality of the sale. Please don’t be offended if we ask you to take back some of your items. It is often easy to miss a spot or tear when you are getting items ready at home.
Items Not Accepted
- Recalled items. Any items that are listed on the Consumer Product Safety Commission website will not be accepted.
- All cribs made before June 2011. Cribs have been highly recalled beginning June 2011. They will not be accepted.
- Stained or dirty clothing, toys, or equipment. This is up to the discretion of the QC person checking you in.
- Hooded sweatshirts with the drawstrings still attached. Hooded sweatshirts are highly recalled. We will not accept them with the drawstring still attached.
- Broken items or items with missing parts. If you’re unable to put it together in front of us (big ticket items, not small toys), then it’s missing something and won’t be accepted. This includes unfolding and folding strollers and high chairs. Also, if your toys look incomplete, it will be returned.
- Battery operated toys without working batteries. This also includes battery-operated swings and bouncy seats.
- Underwear, pacifiers, teethers, and bottle nipples. These items CAN be sold if NEW IN PACKAGE.
- Disposable diapers. We will be collecting these for our Diaper Drop but they cannot be tagged to sell. We DO allow cloth diapers as sales items.
- Stuffed animals. Plush toys may carry germs and cannot be accepted. This does NOT include collector animals (such as Steiff bears, etc.) or battery operated stuffed toys.
- Household items. All items must be kid-related.
- Out of season clothing. Example; Spring/Summer clothing will not be accepted for the Fall/Winter sale. Swimsuits are accepted at our Spring AND Fall Sales.
- Untagged or improperly tagged items.